Drink Chia features 5 Easy Ways to Eat More Superfoods in 2013
Despite the widespread availability and relatively low cost of many superfoods, many people struggle to incorporate them into their diets. Whether it is a perceived lack of convenience or simply a matter of taste, it seems like far too many people opt for less-healthy alternatives when it comes to their meals.
We think everyone should make more of an effort to incorporate superfoods into their daily lives, so we compiled 5 tips to help you do just that:
1. Identify your favorites – Not all superfoods are made for every palate. While you might love pumpkin and dislike broccoli, your neighbor may feel the exact opposite. Find the superfoods that are right for you, as you’ll be more likely to commit to them over the long term.
2. Rethink the way you shop – The luxury of shopping at supermarkets can make you forget that there are different seasons for different produce and all things earth-grown. Buying superfoods in their peak season not only ensures that you’re getting the best taste, it’s also cheaper! Familiarize yourself with your grocer’s produce season chart.
3. Cook more often, and plan your meals – We live life on the go, which means we eat out more often than we probably should. Most restaurants tend to serve foods that are high in fat and salt, and low on nutritional value. Resolve to cook more at home, and plan out your superfood-powered meals a week in advance. Planning is half the battle.
4. Drink your superfoods – Why do people love Drink Chia? Because we offer a far more delicious and convenient way to reap the benefits of chia seeds than eating them with a spoon! Our co-founder made our first test batch of Drink Chia in her kitchen, so imagine what you can create when you experiment. Try juicing or making smoothies. Blueberries and spinach are great liquid-superfood candidates. Of course, it’s always nice to have a case of all-natural Drink Chia on hand as well!
5. Have fun – Don’t take your diet so seriously. Superfoods like kale, aloe, and coconut are awesome, but don’t stress about making them a part of every single meal. If you want to eat the occasional scoop of ice cream, top it off with some blueberries. If you want to eat chocolate, make it dark chocolate and throw in a handful of Brazil Nuts. If you’re not having fun, you’re not living life. Always remember to #ShakeItBaby!
We would love to hear all about the superfoods that are your favorites and how you incorporate them into your daily lives. Drop us a comment below!